I have grown up my whole life eating my mom’s food and it has been great. Whenever I would bring her food around or share it with other people, everyone would ask for recipes. The problem was that I never knew any of them! Recently, I have been trying to compile her recipes to try to make them slightly more healthy (Not that they aren’t already healthy! I just try my best not to eat meat anymore.) Since her recipes have always been asked for, the most popular being Grape Leaves…I have decided to share this with you. :)
Please feel free to change it up, take pictures and comment below to let me know how it goes!If there are any questions, ask and I will get back to you asap!
Teta’s Grape Leaves
Desired amount of Grape
1 lb of 85% lean ground beef
1 cup of calrose rice
2 tsbp of EVOO
2 Beef Bones
3 Cups of Water
Lemon juice to taste
Non-Iodized Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
All Spice to taste
1. Pick fresh grape leaves without the stem
2. Boil Water
3. Put leaves in water for about 5 minutes, and drain them.
4. Let cool overnight and stack them flat on top of each other.
1. Mix rice, meat, salt, pepper, allspice and olive oil in a bowl.
2. Grab a grape leaf and choose desired amount of mixture to wrap with the leaf.
3. Layer bottom of pot with grape leaves.
4. After stuffing grape leaves with mixture, layer them in the pot.
5. In a separate pot, boil beef bones with salt, pepper and lemon juice to taste.
6. Use the broth from the boiled beef bones to pour over stacked grape leaves. Do not over
pour! Make sure there is just enough to cover all grape leaves. Beef bones can be
7. Lay a flat glass dish on top of stuffed grape leaves.
8. Use medium-high heat and let it simmer for 30-45 minutes.
9. Lower heat after 30-45 minutes and let it cook for another 30-45 minutes.
10. Try one first to ensure that it is cooked, if not, let it simmer until cooked.