One of my favorite parts about my birthday is all the food my mom cooks for me. She goes out of her way to cook, clean and basically do anything I want for my birthday dinner. The other day, some of you talked about how my mom's chicken salad was very light and refreshing compared to others out there...so I thought it was a good idea to put it in this weeks post!
1 Whole Chicken
7 Garlic cloves
Desired amount of Mayo
Desired amount of Celery
Salt and Pepper to Taste
Cayenne Pepper to Taste
1. Clean Chicken Breast and put in a large enough pot with onion, garlic, salt and pepper.
2. Fill up pot with water, cover pot and boil for 45 minutes or until cooked.
Scoop out white foam as it cooks.
3. Take out the chicken and throw away garlic and onion. (can save chicken broth for other recipes)
4. Shred chicken breast into little pieces.
5. Finely chop celery and grapes if wanted.
6. Mix chicken, celery, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, grapes and mayo
Please comment below if you end up trying the recipe. I am not sure if anyone of you will be able to compare to Teta..hehe.