I had a lifestyle change a few years back where I committed myself to exercise at least 1 time every day. Since then, I have been trying to find “exercise” activities to do instead of just going to the gym. One of my favorite activities is hiking. It also happens to be a new trend, so I have been finding tons of new, beautiful places to hike. I wanted to share some beautiful places that I have been and some places that I would like to go!
1. Obviously, the GRAND CANYON! My kids took me here for the first time a few years ago and it was beautiful. We did some small hikes and I took flight in a helicopter. The view was unbelievable. Recently, I have been learning that there are some hidden treasures in the Grand Canyon so I would like to go back!
2. Yosemite is the next place I went to with my kids. We took a fast trip, but it was still a great one. We biked through the trees and hiked up a steep mountain. The sunset on the rocks created gorgeous colors and I got to get some exercise in.
3. I was taken back by the Carlsbad Caverns. I didn’t think it would be such a hike! It wasn’t until we actually got into the cave, all the way to the bottom. The view was so incredible and the concept of it was astonishing. This isn’t a typical outdoorsy hike, but it is definitely worth seeing.
4. Near the Carlsbad Caverns, is the White Sands. Although, I did not go here, they do look amazing. Hills and hills of just white sand that it almost looks like snow! Just north of the Carlsbad Caverns and White Sands are the Kasha-Katuwe Tent Rocks. This is a short, but challenging hike. They are rock formations formed by volcanic eruptions years ago. The picture shows one of the trees in this monument. Looks like a fun place to hike!
5. The Paint Mines Trail in Colorado are very historic and pretty. I would love to go here one day and be in the same place where we know that there is evidence of human life as far back as 9,000 years ago!
6.Zion Park in Utah is popular spot to go right now. Everyone is always posting gorgeous images of their hikes. It has some stunning views.
7. Many Glacier Area in Montana offers so many sceneries and so much wildlife. It consists of mountains, active glaciers, colorful likes and tons of hiking trails. I would love to go here someday.
8. We are on the west coast, so I know more of some places near me but the Great Smoky Mountain Range is located in Tennessee/North Carolina. It offers multiple hikes with views of a mountains with a fog that looks over the range. It sometimes is mistakenly taken as smoke plumes. It is crazy to know that the Earth offers so much gorgeous scenery and that people have made it easy for the population to view these natural settings. I can’t wait to go on my next adventure!
If I missed anything that is definitely worth seeing in the US, please let me know in the comments below! I will be sure to visit and post some pics