It’s that time of the year when all the kids go back to school…the worst part is the school traffic! I wanted to share a couple tips (Parent to Parent) that might help you, especially if your child is starting school for the first time ever.
• Always meet the new teacher. It’s a fear all the kids have, so sometimes it is easier on your child when they know what they are getting in to.
• Tour the school. It’s easier to know where your child has to go on the first day of school instead of wandering around. It also helps you come familiar with the school just in case of emergencies.
• Connect with friends. This can help ease the anxiety about going back to school when you know a familiar face. Maybe even connect just to carpool!
• Get all necessary supplies. Most teachers now-a-days give a class list of supplies they will need before they start school. For my kids, shopping for school supplies made them excited to get started. Maybe that will work for you!
• Ease into a routine. Going from summer fun to school madness can be hard on your kids. It might be easier to get started on a routine beforehand just to avoid the chaotic-ness at home.
I hope this helps anyone nervous about your children going back to school! If there are any further suggestions that might help, please comment below